Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Danni's Kitchen Renovation - Part 1

I asked my friend, Danni, to write about her adventures in kitchen remodeling - so here's part one!


I'm in the middle of a kitchen renovation, and I guess there is no better time than right now to write a guest post!  First off, I must say that I believe we have the best contractor in the whole world.  I am certainly appreciating him more and more every day.  I also hired the cutest handyman in the world, my husband, Bob! 

Although it doesn't look like much at this stage, we are well on the way to a new kitchen.  Quite a bit of work has already been done, electrical, plumbing, flooring, drywall, and lighting.   All that foundation work in two weeks!  I must tell you that renovations are not for the squeamish or weak of heart!


Right away, we were faced with many, many decisions.  The cute handyman was not much help.  "This is your kitchen," he would say.  "Whatever you want!"  What I wanted was for HIM to tell me what I wanted.  Oh well....we made it through that part.  We decided on the design, granite, appliances, cabinets, color, sink, faucet and drawer and door pulls.

Cooking while the reno has been kind of fun.  What can I make in a crock pot? Needless to say, neither one of has lost any weight!

Three weeks in and we are winding down.  Still need to choose the backsplash, but it's starting to look like a kitchen!

4 comments:

  1. Four weeks in and ALMOST DONE! Waiting for the granite and then the backsplash and we're done!!! Oh.....Maria, your episode on cleaning one task at a time is now coming in very handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a beautiful kitchen redo!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, Paula, it's really nice!

    ReplyDelete

The Blooms Are Here

  "The winter has past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the ...