Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Roasted Vegetables

 We try to eat lots of veggies!  

My favorite way to prepare them is to roast them in the oven.  It brings out the sweetness in the veggies and retains nutrients!

Here's what I do:

I start with a sheet pan that has edges.

Then I cut up vegetables that I like, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, bell peppers, onions, green beans, cabbage...

I layer them in my pans and add a coating of canola oil and a little olive oil.  I mix it well with my hands.  You don't want too much oil, but a good coating.

I sprinkle a generous amount of coarse sea salt over them, and fresh ground black pepper.

Then I put them into a hot 400 degree oven on convection.  If you don't have a convection oven, crank the heat up to 425.




After 10-12 minutes, I stir the veggies around so that the ones on top don't get extra browned.



It usually takes about 20 minutes for my oven to do its job.  I test a carrot to make sure they aren't still crunchy, but can be cut with a butter knife.

These are a hit any time we serve dinner guests.  And I bring them to pot luck meals often!  I'm asked for the recipe every time.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pepperoni Rolls

  We have been making a LOT of pepperoni rolls! My grandkids love working with the dough and fillings.  It's fun for them to eat somethi...