Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Pepperoni Rolls

 We have been making a LOT of pepperoni rolls!



My grandkids love working with the dough and fillings.  It's fun for them to eat something they actually made.  On a cold rainy day, this is the perfect activity!

I start with basic pizza dough.  You can buy fresh dough (at Aldi for $2) or you can make it like I do.


I start with 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp salt in my small food processor. I mix 2 tsp yeast, 1 tsp sugar and 1/2 C warm water to bloom the yeast.  





Then I pour that into the processor while running.  I stream enough cool water to make the dough come together.  





I let it rise in an oiled covered bowl for 30 minutes.




Then the fun begins!



I cut the dough into small chunks and let the kids flatten each piece out.  They like this part a lot!



I lay chopped pepperoni and grated cheese (either cheddar or mozzarella) in front of them and let them add the fillings, then roll the dough into small logs.









I put them on an oiled baking sheet, then into a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.


Lunch is served!

And grandkids are happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Blooms Are Here

  "The winter has past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the ...