Sunday, May 11, 2014

Baked Oatmeal - a Fantastic Breakfast!

Recently I hosted a Ladies' Breakfast at my house.  I set the table with silverware, mugs, napkins, candles, and a few flowers.  Breakfast is such a nice meal to share with friends!
I set plates, cold drinks, and food on the island in the kitchen.
And...I made a new breakfast dish with a recipe from my friend, Brenda.  This Baked Oatmeal is wonderful and easy to prepare!

1.  In a bowl mix together 3 Cups oatmeal, 3/4 C brown sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt.


2.  Stir in 1 C plus 2 Tbsp milk, 2 eggs, 1/3 C melted butter and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla.



3.  Here's the fun part: Stir in any of
these Optional Mix-ins!

1 C chopped apple, peaches, pears
1/2 C craisins, chopped dried cherries, apricots, mangoes...
1 C blueberries, sliced strawberries, peaches...
1/2 C sliced almonds, walnuts, pecans...

4.  Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes until done.  Serve with milk!


Look how little was left!!  

I wanted more leftovers:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Blooms Are Here

  "The winter has past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the ...