Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Oven Roasted Potatoes


I've been roasting potatoes for years, but last year I found the best pans for crisping -
Rachael Ray Oven Lovin' Nonstick Bakeware.  
My beautiful daughter-in-law bought me 2 of them for Mother's Day last year and I've been using them non-stop ever since.  I don't know what they are made of, but they crisp whatever is on their surface.  Here's how I roast potatoes:

1.  Start with potatoes you like.  I prefer red skinned because they are so creamy!


2.  Cut them in wedges or thick slices.  Slices take up more room on the sheet but you can get a lot more crispness.

3.  Arrange them on your Oven Lovin' baking sheet and coat them with canola oil.  I drizzle it on and then turn all the pieces with my hands to make sure they are coated.
 
4.  Then sprinkle generously with sea salt.  You could add black pepper or other herbs if you like.


5.  Roast them in a hot oven, 375 to 400 degrees.  I have convection and that makes it even better!  Turn them after the bottoms are browned - usually 10-15 minutes.

6.  Then roast until the other sides are browned, another 10-15 minutes.  Get ready for the "oohs & aahs" at the table if you serve these for guests.  It's a simple but really nice addition to any meat dish!

2 comments:

  1. You can do the same with sweet potatoes, but they don't take quite as long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Do you get them crispy, Danni? When I've tried they stay soft, but they're good.

      Delete

The Blooms Are Here

  "The winter has past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the ...