Friday, June 20, 2014

A Visit With My Sister

Recently I had an opportunity to hitch a ride with my son to visit my sister and brother-in-law who live in Eastern PA. We had a lovely weekend together, taking walks, catching up on all the news, going shopping and out to eat.  My niece, brother and sister-in-law came to visit while I was there, and I can't tell you how sweet it was to spend relaxed time with everyone.  I even got to hang out with my brother's German Shepherd, Millie.  She is a beautiful and sweet dog who loved it when I pet her.  I'm blessed with a super family!


They had a sunroom built onto the side of their house years ago.  The landscaper did a nice job around the structure and I thought it would be nice to share it here.
Here's a nice photo of the sunroom addition.  As the name suggests, it's a warm and light-filled space that they enjoy almost all year long.  
I like the gravel that creates a maintenance-free path to walk around to the backyard.


 The stones that define the flower beds near the house are in a curved shape, making it visually interesting.
And how can roses ever be a bad choice??  Hers are in full bloom already - mine aren't:(
A nice mixture of perennials and annuals keep the color going all season.

I hope this inspires someone to make a beautiful garden area out of a small space.  It's refreshing to sit in that sunroom and enjoy the beautiful foliage, the birds, and the sunlight!

4 comments:

  1. That certainly looks like a cute garden! When visiting family, you can pick up some gardening or even home improvement ideas you can do at your own home. What are some of the things you'd like to emulate from your sister's garden? As for your farm, this is quite a big and different undertaking. If there's one thing you want, is that you don't run out of space! Thanks for sharing!

    Matthew Moss @ Hampton Roads Landscaping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Matt. I have quite a bit of landscaping beds already done around my house. I like to use natural materials, so I have many curved stone wall borders around the yard. And since my mother's name was Rose, I can't have enough rose bushes!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful landscape! How about a picture of the German Shepherd? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacquie! Sorry, the only photo I got was blurry. But she is a beauty, trust me!

      Delete

The Blooms Are Here

  "The winter has past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the ...