Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Window Cleaning Tips

Well, it's the middle of summer and I finally decided to start cleaning some windows.  Since I have 36 windows I never do more than a few at a time - I just don't feel like it!  So I just cleaned the 3 big windows in my dining room.  It took me less than 20 minutes and that included wiping down the mini-blinds.  I have tilt-in replacement windows so I make sure I have everything I need before I start.

Here's what I do:

First I wipe down the outside panes with a wet rag to get the worst of the winter dirt.  I get most of the black grunge off the window that way.

Then I use this wonderful window cleaning cloth that my sister gave me years ago.



It lives up to its name - it is a Remarkable Cloth!!  It is a microfiber that resembles a chamois.  I simply dampen with water and wipe over the window, inside and out - THAT'S IT!!  No spray cleaners, no paper towels, no nothing.



Here's what it looks like out of the bag:







After multiple uses and washings: 







After I was done with it today:  



When I'm done wiping there are the tiniest water droplets on the window but I don't care because I know they will evaporate and leave my windows clean.

I'll throw my Remarkable Cloth in the washer with other rags and towels.  You can't use fabric softener on it or dry it in the dryer.

If you're looking for a nice easy way to clean windows I highly recommend this cloth.  You'll want more than one - so order several!  I paid $5 each for mine years ago.  I'm not sure about the current price but it can't be much more.

6 comments:

  1. Being able to only spend five dollars for window cleaning really seems like a great option. Especially with a rag that is so capable of doing so much work. This definitely is something that I'm going to have to look into. Thank you for sharing such great information. http://clearbluewindowcleaners.com/services/residential/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jason, for your comment. I've been using my Remarkable Cloths for years and they truly are remarkable. They work well and last long!

      Delete
  2. Hi Maria Versace, Great tips. Regular window cleaning is important to keep it looks clean and neat. Thanks for taking time for sharing useful tips. Keep posting.

    Joshua from End of Lease Cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joshua. I wish I had time for regular window cleaning! I get to it when I have a chance.

      Delete
  3. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    DOMESTIC WINDOW CLEANING SERVICES Whitley Bay & COMMERCIAL WINDOW CLEANING SERVICES Gateshead

    ReplyDelete

The Blooms Are Here

  "The winter has past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the ...