Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Homemade Fruit Fly Trap

It's that time of the summer when fruit flies are everywhere. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them.  And just when I think I've gotten rid of them, poof, a whole new batch shows up.

I tried this homemade trap and it works wonderfully!  If you hate fruit flies as much as I do, try this and let me know how it works!

Use a gallon size plastic bag and snip a very small bit off of one corner.

Then fill a glass with about 1 inch of apple cider vinegar.

Place the bag over the glass with your snipped corner facing up over the top of the glass.  Put a rubber band over the bag to hold it in place.

Fold the snipped corner end down into the glass, BUT keep it above the vinegar level.

The fruit flies simply cannot resist the smell of the apple cider vinegar.  They fly in to the glass through the small hole in the plastic, but they aren't smart enough to figure a way out.  They die in the vinegar.  I am so happy that I don't have to put up with fruit flies in my kitchen anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Blooms Are Here

  "The winter has past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the ...