Saturday, August 2, 2014

Fun Personalized Ice Bucket

Here's a guest post from my friend, Jill.  This is a great idea for a personalized ice bucket.  She says it's a fun little piece she's added to her outdoor entertaining!

It all started with this ice bucket I picked up at a sale for $2.  It doesn't match my taste, but I wanted a tall ice bucket, and this fit the bill.  I knew I could craft up something wonderful!  So I pulled out pictures from a cruise we took with my husband's family (28 of us!) and went to work!
First, I cut a piece of clear contact paper that was about 2 inches longer than the circumference of the bucket. Next, I removed the sticky part and set it aside without trimming it to the required height.
Then I cut the backing to the exact size I needed to cover the bucket, laid it out flat, an assembled a collage from our trip. 
Using double-sided tape, I placed each picture exactly where I wanted it.

Then I flipped it over to trim the pictures to the size of my rectangle, and placed the sticky side of the contact paper directly onto the collage.  (Contact paper comes off easily, so if you get any bubbles, you can just peel it off and try again.)  Since I didn't trim the contact paper ahead of time, there was no worry about trying to place it "just right" on the collage.  I simply trimmed it to size after it was stuck to the collage, leaving the 2 inch overhang to secure the collage to the ice bucket.

Voila!  I love how it turned out, and I now have a great way to display favorite photos from our family cruise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Blooms Are Here

  "The winter has past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth; the time of singing has come, and the voice of the ...