Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cleaning Habits

Now that it's January 1, people naturally talk about resolutions.  I'm not a big fan of those because they generally are too vague and not achievable.  If you make a resolution, keep it honest and limited so that you'll be encouraged when you do it!

Let's talk about our cleaning habits and maybe try to make a small change that can have a big outcome.  I'm a firm believer in Spot Cleaning.  Here's my motto:  If you make a mess, clean it up.  For example, I can't remember the last time I actually fully cleaned my refrigerator by taking everything out and scrubbing surfaces.  But when I notice a small spot or spill, it takes less than 15 seconds to grab a washrag and wipe.  If I take those 15 seconds to wipe, pick up, put away, etc. the small things I notice then big cleaning jobs aren't as necessary.  Yes, it can be annoying when you're in the middle of cooking dinner and you see a drop of dried ketchup on the floor to take care of it.  But if it becomes your habit, then you'll simplify your life with fewer big cleaning sessions.

By the way, I apologize that the "Comment Settings" were wrong.  I changed them and now it should be easier to leave comments.  Please try again if you had trouble before!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pepperoni Rolls

  We have been making a LOT of pepperoni rolls! My grandkids love working with the dough and fillings.  It's fun for them to eat somethi...