Saturday, January 4, 2014

Priorities

I'm going to be writing about all kinds of tips for making our home lives easier.  But it occurred to me that I have many young mom friends who are very busy with young children and truly don't have time to think about organizing cupboards or cleaning closets.  That's OK!!

There are seasons in life and each season has priorities.  If you're busy running after toddlers, changing diapers and sometimes can't even get dinner on the table,  please don't let anything on my blog depress you.  You are doing one of the most difficult and honorable jobs on the planet!  It's not easy to train a child in the way he should go.  It takes time, effort and a lot of selflessness.  Years from now you will never even remember that your linen closet was disorganized, but you will definitely remember the hours you spent cuddling your babies and reading to your toddlers.  Household stuff has a way of "screaming" at young moms who are home a lot and feel the pressure of getting things done around the house.  Don't get your priorities out of order.

This is a New Year, a good time to make a mental list of what's important in your life.  This crazy world we live in has its upside-down list of priorities.  I would resist outside pressure at every turn and hold on firmly to what you know is important.  For me, it's God, my husband, my children, family, friends, and after all that comes home, job, etc.  So, what are your priorities?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pepperoni Rolls

  We have been making a LOT of pepperoni rolls! My grandkids love working with the dough and fillings.  It's fun for them to eat somethi...