Saturday, January 25, 2014

Easy Killer Brownies



What could be more comforting on a cold winter day than a dense, moist, chewy, rich, brownie?  I've been asked more times than I can remember for this recipe.  It's so simple, you'll make these for all the chocolate lovers in your life!

Killer Brownies

2 box brownie mixes (any kind, I use Aldi's brand)
4 eggs
1/2 cup water
3/4+ cup oil
1 bag dark chocolate chips

-Mix the brownies as the directions say, usually with 2 eggs per mix, water and oil.  I use less oil than called for, it's not needed.
-Add the chocolate chips.
*(If you have chocolate left over from Christmas, this is a nice way to use it.  Just chop it up and add with the chips.  It bakes nicely into the brownies and adds more texture and richness.)
-Pour batter into a 9 x 13 inch greased glass baking pan.  Bake for 55-60 minutes.

These freeze beautifully.  I warn you, they're addicting.  We always keep a bag of these cut into small squares in our freezer for that small chocolate punch that we "need" sometimes.  Our son swears that they are better frozen than thawed!

Let me know what you think of these!  What other chocolate lovers' desserts do you enjoy?

4 comments:

  1. These will be in the McCombie house tonight :) I'll let you know how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're dangerously good!! You've been warned...

      Delete
  2. They are absolutely amazing. (I'm so glad I'm taking them to a friends tonight for dinner...they aren't something that should be on your counter...!) Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try putting a couple in the freezer and let me know what you think! Glad you tried the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Pepperoni Rolls

  We have been making a LOT of pepperoni rolls! My grandkids love working with the dough and fillings.  It's fun for them to eat somethi...