Friday, January 3, 2014

Time Yourself!

I'd like to meet someone someday who actually has a lot of time for cleaning.  Most of us have plenty of other and better things to do.  So, here's one of my favorite cleaning hints - Go Faster!  Recently I had 15 minutes to spare before I had to leave the house one morning.  I was ready to go, purse in hand, when I thought to myself, "I wonder if I could quickly clean the kitchen sink before I go?"  Off I went to the sink, sprinkled cleanser, etc...done in 3 minutes.  Then I thought, "Could I wipe all the dirty fingerprint marks around the cabinet knobs before I go?"  Grabbed some cleaner and another rag...done in 3 minutes.  Well, I kept going and wiped the counter, the front of the stove, the windowsill, the refrigerator handles and even wiped a spot off my tile floor.  And I was still done in less than the 15 minutes I originally had.  Later, it was nice to come home from my appointment with a cleanly wiped kitchen!

So, give yourself 5 or 10 minutes, a rag and some cleaner, and see what you can accomplish if you move fast!  Let me know what you did!

4 comments:

  1. I've had such a great time doing 10 minute challnges! Thanks for the tip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your favorite quick clean-up so far??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love timing myself! I have a timer on my watch and I use it all the time -- it's very motivating to try to guess how long a task with take and then try to get it done in that much time or less. It makes it like a game. :-) And you're right, Maria: it's amazing how much can be done in just a few minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa, for your comments. For me, it's a real key to getting things done. I don't like the idea of taking long amounts of time to clean, so short stints help me!

      Delete

Pepperoni Rolls

  We have been making a LOT of pepperoni rolls! My grandkids love working with the dough and fillings.  It's fun for them to eat somethi...