Monday, January 20, 2014

Reading Spot

Do you have a reading spot?  Or if you don't read that much, a quiet spot where you can think, write down your thoughts, or pray?  I highly recommend dedicating a place in your house where you can go, even if for only 3 minutes, and collect your thoughts.  This is my corner where I sit sideways, prop up my feet, and read.  I have a small table nearby where I put my mug of tea and my journal.
This location has migrated several times over the years.  Only now that my "boys" are grown can I actually have quiet in the living room.  When they were babies I grabbed a few minutes while they napped to be quiet, take a nap myself, or do some reading.  When they were in high school, my "reading spot" was on a chair 3 floors above the TV room where it actually was quiet even when 10 boys were playing in the basement.

My point is, don't apologize for carving out a small space where you can collect your thoughts, pray, write down what's important in your life, read your bible, etc.  Life gets so busy and crazy that it's easy to get worn down and worn out.  Even if there are piles of laundry and dishes in the sink, sometimes you have to take a few minutes and retreat so that you can have what you need on the inside to truly be a blessing to others around you.  So, take some time today, take a deep breath, and sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pepperoni Rolls

  We have been making a LOT of pepperoni rolls! My grandkids love working with the dough and fillings.  It's fun for them to eat somethi...