Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's Cooooold!

What do you do when it's too cold to go outside?  Let me give you some ideas:

1.  Brew a hot pot of tea and wrap yourself in a blanket with a good book.

2.  Do something with all the photos that are sitting either in your computer or on your phone.  Delete the ones you don't want.  Print some for a scrapbook.  Or order an online photo book.

3.  Go through your filing cabinet and get rid of old papers, invoices, receipts, statements and shred them.

4.  Write a letter, yes I said a paper letter with a pen in hand, to someone important in your life.  Emails and texts are ok, but there's nothing like a handwritten note from a loved one.

5.  Do some mending.  It's a great time to sew on buttons, fix torn seams, hem trousers.  (I do this in front of the TV.)

These are the things I do every January, at least.  You've got some time and nowhere to go, so what are you waiting for?

Send me your ideas, I'd love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pepperoni Rolls

  We have been making a LOT of pepperoni rolls! My grandkids love working with the dough and fillings.  It's fun for them to eat somethi...